It doesn’t matter whether you think content ideas, content creation or establishing authority – Quora does it all for you… and a lot more.
With over 200 million people visiting the site every month, Quora makes for a useful platform to share your knowledge with the rest of the world.
Now imagine all those 200 million visitors discovering your brand and becoming your prospective leads. Enough reason to focus on your Quora marketing strategy? Wait… there is more to it.
For years now, Quora has been known for its intelligent discussions on various topics. Being a public platform, Quora is used by many marketers to share useful information, influence public opinions and may be even eavesdrop on consumer conversations.
In fact, it has become a favorite destination of many modern marketers across the world, because that’s where the masses are.
Let us learn more about why it makes sense to come up with a Quora marketing strategy for your digital promotions:
- Quora is optimized for the search enginesLike any other content, Quora posts also appear on the search engine results for relevant search queries.For example, see below screenshot of Google:The same is applied on Bing:
It is quite possible that your answer to a question might be ranked number one in the search engine results, for a given term. That makesQuora a sure-shot way of generating some referral traffic.
If you think your answer is perfectly relevant to the question, you could try including some keywords in your response. By doing so, you will be maximizing your chances of appearing not only in the Google Results, but also in the search results of the Quora community.
- Quora helps you understand your Target AudienceWith Quora at your disposal, you don’t have to worry about conducting any of those complicated, expensive surveys. No longer do you have to guess the needs and expectations of your target audience. On Quora, they will tell you directly.If you go through the questions and answers on Quora, you will understand what kind of content keeps your target audience engaged (you can check out the number of views and keep a count of the answers). You will be able to figure out what they think, use or need.By providing solutions to their problems you can attract visitors to your website and make your brand stay relevant.
- Quora offers great Content ideas.Generating high-quality content that provides useful information to your prospects and helps them in solving their problems, while keeping them engaged, is the objective of every inbound marketing strategy, no matter what business you may be in. Nevertheless, it is very important to understand the kind of problems that are troubling them and the topics that interest them, before you start creating the content.This is where Quora can come to be of use to you. All you need to do is run a search on the topics related to your product and you will find all that you need to know. You may even add a few backlinks to the relevant blog on your website and amplify its impact.
- Quora can establish you as a thought leader and an expert in your industryAs a Thought LeaderQuora can help establish you as the Go-to person in your field of expertise. You become the trusted source that inspires people through innovative ideas. You could use Quora not just to share your thoughts but also to make sure they influence the decisions of your target audience.In order to do this, you may not even have to force your knowledge on your target audience. All that you need to do is look for conversations that are happening in your space and participate in them.The best part about sharing your thoughts on Quora is that it is relatively spam-free. Most of the credit goes to the employees of Quora who monitor the site efficiently. So, if you have the time to answer questions intelligently and share your expertise, you can soon establish yourself as a thought leader on Quora.
As an Authority
Establishing yourself as an authority in the industry is one goal that all businesses try to achieve, when it comes to marketing. Quora makes this possible for you.
Just keep answering questions that are relevant to your industry in an informative, useful, and accurate way. People will soon start looking up to you as an authority in the industry, while engaging with you in the best way possible.
Also since your content is going to stay on Quora forever, it is bound to fetch you some great returns.
One indication that will tell you if your Quora marketing strategy has established you as an authority in the industry is the number of requests that you start getting from people to answer their questions. The more such requests the better you would be as an authority.
- Quora lets you find out more about your competitorsThere is nothing like getting a hold on what your competitors are doing, when it comes to marketing. By letting you figure out how your customers view your competitors, what they talk about them, and why they choose them over you, Quora offers some incredibly useful information that you can use to improve your product or service or reiterate your USP (unique value proposition).
- Quora helps increase your domain authorityA higher domain authority would mean a combination of high-quality backlinks, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust and dozens of other factors. This is why every marketer tries his best to get backlinks from websites that have high DA. With a DA of 89, Quora makes for an excellent website to get backlinks from. Over time this will help increase your website’s domain authority.Nevertheless, you need to make sure the link that you give is relevant enough to the query on Quora. If not, you might lose out on content relevancy, lowering your rank on the SERPs.
Your Quora marketing strategy would work well if it doesn’t get wiped out by the next Google update. So make sure the answers that you come up with, provide value to your target audience. It might take some time to come up with such answers; but at the end, it is all worth it.
Want to know if it is actually useful to have a Quora marketing strategy for your business? Give it a try, may be for a month or so. That should tell you if it is a good fit for your business.